Chinook Single Hop IPA
Brew Day: 9/25/14
Bottle Day: 10/16/14
Original Gravity: 1.087
Final Gravity: 1.019
Estimated ABV: 8.93%
- 1 LB Chinook Hop Pellets
- 12 LBS Gold Malt Extract Syrup
- 1 Packet 1056 Wyeast American Ale Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Irish Moss
- 5 oz. priming sugar
Bottle Day — 9/25/14
1. Break yeast packet starter.
2. Boil 4 gallons of warm tap water.
3. When the water is boiling, add all malt extract syrup.
4. Add hops sporadically throughout the boil process.
5. After one hour of boiling, remove from the burner and cool to ~90 degrees F.
6. Once the wort has cooled, pitch the yeast and fill the big mouth bubbler airlock.
Bottle Day — 10/16/14
1. Boil around one cup of water and dissolve contents of priming sugar package.
2. Sanitize bottling bucket, siphon, and all bottles.
3. Transfer beer into bottling bucket.
4. Add priming sugar mixture.
5. Bottle into growlers and bottles.