Easy Calypso Session Ale
Brew Day: 12/6/15
Original Gravity: 1.040
Final Gravity: 1.020
Estimated ABV %:
-6 lbs Light Malt Extract Syrup
-8 oz Calypso Hop Pellets (13.3% alpha)
-Safale US-05 Ale Yeast
-1 tablespoon Irish Moss (for clarity)
-1/2 cup white sugar
- When water is boiling, add extract.
- Add ~6.5 oz hops over the course of the hour boil
- 0:00 (end of boil)
- Add 1 tbsp Irish Moss (for clarity), with 15 minutes left in the boil.
- After boiling the wort for one hour, turn the burner off and hook up the wort chiller to the hose
- Run the wort chiller until temperature falls to under 90 degrees F.
- Aerate, then pour the wort through a mesh bag into the sanitized conical fermenter.
- Pitch yeast.
- Flush the yeast from the bottom of the conical fermenter.
- Start ~2 cups of water boiling and dissolve 1/2 cup white sugar for the carbonation primer.
- Add sugar water in with the beer and stir it in.
- Bottle the beer in all bottles.