Citra Session Ale
Brew Day: 5/18/15
Original Gravity: 1.055
- 3.3 lbs Extra Light Malt Syrup
- 3 lbs Extra Light Dry Malt Extract
- 5 oz Citra Hops (~14% Alpha)
- Safale-05 yeast
1. Wash all equipment and utensils. Get a sanitizer bath ready and sanitize all equipment.
2. Fill the brew kettle with 5 gallons of fresh water. Begin the boil by setting the brew kettle on the propane burner.
3. When the water begins to boil, add all malt extract.
4. Add hops:
- 0:00 (end of boil)
Video credit: Jack Krouse
5. After boiling for an hour, turn the burner off and remove the brew kettle from the heat. Fill up a tupperware bin with cold hose water and set the brew kettle in the ice bath.
6. Cool the wort to around 90 degrees F.
7. Once the wort is cooled, transfer from the brew kettle to primary fermenter.
8. Sprinkle in the yeast.
9. Take a gravity reading with the hydrometer.